Give Water. Give Life.
Support Our Clean Water Projects in Ethiopia
The Facts About Unsafe Drinking Water
- 80% of sicknesses worldwide are caused by unsafe drinking water and a lack of sanitation
- Every year, 3.6 million people die from waterborne diseases.
- Every 15 seconds, a child dies from water-related diseases.
- One in eight children lacks access to safe drinking water.
- More children die from diarrheal illnesses like cholera and dysentery (caused by unsafe drinking water) than from HIV/AIDS and malaria combined.
- Over half of hospital beds in developing nations are filled by individuals drinking unsafe water.